The question we are asked frequently is ‘but do you do a proper bond clean?’
The term bond clean is bandied around by companies claiming to be able to offer you a $99 bond clean, including carpets and a guarantee. That’s bullocks!
Anyone offering a service that sounds too good to be true, you’ll soon find out it is too good to be true. It will cost you more in the long run. Our customers tell us horror stories all the time.
We are transparent about our pricing. We don’t want any hidden surprised on clean day. It’s our tenants biggest bugbear. Being quoted a price and then finding out it could be up to double on the day. They feel backed into a corner, and ripped off.
Our aim is to be as transparent. You know the cleanliness of your home. You’ve lived there. You know if the kids have drawn on all the walls and your oven has years of melted cheese burnt into the base.
Our cleaners are paid award wages, the job they do is physically demanding. They deserve every cent they are paid. We use good products to reduce the time needed and maintain the integrity of the home. We hold full insurances for your peace of mind and ours. We factor in sufficient time to clean your home properly, cleaning to the corners not cutting them.
Based on our 100’s of bond cleans our formula for easily quoting your bond clean is as follows:
- 2 hours per kitchen
- 2 hours per bathroom
- 1 hour for every other room in the house (remember to include stairwells, laundry, patio areas, garages, media rooms, extra rooms)
Times the total by our hourly rate of $50 plus GST and there you have it.
There are a few things that we have found to take extra time. They are:
- Extra greasy, baked on ovens. If it is severe we may need up to an additional 2 hours to clean. Remember the oven trays and racks need all black marks removed (yes all of them). This can take extra soaking, scrubbing time.
- Oil stains in the garage. There’s no quick way to remove these. Soak and remove, soak and remove.
- Scuffs on walls – this is a major time sucker. If you have children, furniture marks and scuffs. We allow up to 10 mins per room in our times above for minor scuffs. If your rooms are heavily scuffed or are dirty, we may suggest a full wall wash. This is charged at $100 per bedroom. We do the other rooms for no charge.
- Rubbish removal – if you’ve left rubbish or furniture in the property it needs to be dumped.
If you’re not sure, just ask us. We will happily give you an estimate over the telephone. Our hourly rate doesn’t change, just the number of hours we need to clean.
Hope that helps.